THE BRAND - ANA AZUR:
I might be splashing around in the crystal waters of Mullet bay however what I would really like to do is, introduce you to a childhood friend and creative director of Ana Azur, Oksana Mazourik. We grew up in Monaco, we attended the same school before she relocated to Switzerland where she currently still resides.
This blonde babe created a brand out of her passion for fashion and her need to spread goodness around the world by giving her brand a cause. Ana Azur is in talks with various charities close to Oksana's heart to give back some love. Her designs are inspired from her many travels, colorful and elegant. Azur specializes in the finest quality crystal embroidered designs that embrace the silhouette. Every girl loves a bit of sparkles at night or on the beach to dazzle.
WHERE TO SLEEP:
The hotel scene in St Maarten, has seen the arrival of a newcomer, the limetless all-inclusive Ocean Point which offers 360degree sapphire horizon. The hotel and its personal are eager to please its guest. Ocean Point offers a butler service to those who want to treat themselves to the ultimate luxury. The rooms are decorated the light wooden furnishings with a color palette spreading from cream to a deep turquoise.
You can go for an ocean front view on the higher floors or you can choose stay in the sought out ground floor rooms offering your very own swim out for a dip when you see fit.
Ocean Point is a game changer for St Maarten.
Just outside the resort, you will find, Maho village: 40 duty free boutiques, international restaurants, bars, cafes, lounges, Casino Royal, Tanta Nightclub, etc.
WHERE TO EAT & DRINK:
- Sunset Lounge: located on the roof terrace of the hotel with a stunning view of the caribbean sea and airplanes on final approach over.
What better way to stop planes than with a cocktail in hand :)
- Temptations: Amazing cocktails, their bartender won best bartender of the year 2014 and their food menu is to die for. Everything is delicious. My favorite dishes there are the fois gras starters and the 6oz beef fillet with smooth potato puree, simply delicious with Live music. Get tempted.
- 'Le Sand': On the french side of the island, directly on the beach where one can happily sunbathe in the shallow waters. Mediterranean style cuisine and lots of rose wine to stay cool with the hot temperatures.
WHERE TO BEACH:
- Mullet Bay: Minutes away from maho, this beach is my favorite, flat & crystal clear water just makes you want to soak in it all day.
- Kalis Beach Bar at Friars Bay: cloudy water, busy beach with people playing their music and dancing to reggae.
- Pinel island: $5 taxi boat to reach this beautiful patch of sand with two little restaurants and clear waters.